Experience: 4+ Years
- Takes ownership of tasks.
- Helps break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
- Promotes improvements in version control, continuous integration, project build, and project automation.
- Pair programs with different people in many situations.
- Performs root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
- Actively helps team members continuously learn.
- Brings new ideas to the team.
- Provides leadership and assistance among and across teams.
- Commits to completing well-defined work, and delivers on those commitments.
- Participates in and may lead weekly demonstrations of recently-completed work.
- Reports status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks.
- Consistently follows software development methodology.
Knowledge / Experience:
- BE, MCA, MS, MSc(CS/IT), or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in software development.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented systems and enterprise design patterns.
- Experience with product development.
- Familiarity with wide portfolio of software development applications, environments and languages.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
Technical Skills -
- Good knowledge of core Java and J2ee technologies.
- Development experience in frameworks like Struts, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Experience with a variety of Database Systems, such as Oracle, MySql etc.
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architecture.
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Subversion, or CVS.
- Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Understanding of Web Standards, Accessibility, and command of Semantic markup (XHTML, HTML5).
- Experience with high performance web page optimization techniques (edge serving, minimize http connections, etc.).
- Must be familiarity with Linux platform.